This is my blog where I will be trying to keep up with my goal of taking a picture a day and writing something small about it. I really want to do this so that I can capture the small everyday things in our life. It's these cute things about my kids and our daily life that I really want to remember.

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Good Bye Christmas


Today I finally took down all the Christmas decorations and all the ornaments off the tree. I left it up longer that I should have, but I just wanted to enjoy it for as long as we could. Especially since we were gone for a week during Christmas. I loved that Colby would come down first thing in the morning, say "yights!" and turn on the Christmas tree lights. I loved how good our tree smelled. Now all that is left is red storage tubs full of Christmas, an empty tree stand, and a whole mess of pine needles! At least they smell really good when I vacuum them up!

1 comment:

JoEllen said...

I'm always sad when it's time to put Christmas away. It's so fun to pull out all the decorations and put everything up. There is so much anticipation and excitement. Putting it all away is exactly the opposite. :(